6th Dec 2021
Are you our next grounds hero?
We are *still* on the hunt to fill the big boots of our current groundsman....detail of duties below.
Please email Dave on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the role.
Papakura City Football Club (PCFC) Groundsman Duties
- PCFC Executive Committee (Exec) or Director of Football (DoF) re condition of PCFC assets.
- Northern Region Football (NRF) Competitions Manager re field allocations.
- Auckland City Council (ACC) parks representative re maintenance and repairs of grounds, lights, carparks and all buildings except clubrooms.
- field condition weekly, update either DoF or Exec monthly, or as condition changes, whichever is more frequent.
- all buildings interiors and exteriors for damage and graffiti on a weekly basis. Report ACC building issues to ACC and Club building issues to the Exec.
- nets when possible, easiest when they’re up on goals during games, and replace broken straps/clips as required.
- And repair damage to any goals, if possible, or arrange repairs with Exec or DoF.
- Monitor gas levels for the ACC changerooms, re-order gas on Rockgas app as required.
Measure and Mark out
- Stadium field, all Small Whites and Kura Kicks grids, junior & youth fields and re-mark as required throughout season.
- 5 a-side fields as required for club or other parties.
Game Day and General Duties
- set up all required items (corner posts, nets etc) for stadium field appropriate for 1st team men’s games and women’s games for home games.
- Ensure net bins for required fields are out on a Saturday morning before 8am and are secured in container by 5pm approx.
- Open public toilets and all ACC change rooms on a Saturday morning 30 minutes prior to first game starting and either secure or arrange them to be locked up after last teams have left.
- Be available to assist coaches and/or parents when on site.
- Assist with tournament set ups or get out required gear for use.
- Set up/assist with New Zealand Secondary Schools (NZSS) tournament, this usually takes place in early September.
- Any other related jobs that the Exec or DoF may require you to assist with….